Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy {Mother's Day} Weekend!



It's hard when you can't see your Mom as easily as you would like.  Especially on Mother's Day Weekend.  I found myself in quite a few moments this week when just simply being around my Mom would have helped my day go by a little smoother.  It's a darn shame there aren't principal's offices in the workplace so for her to call and fetch you out of work, by the way.

Fortunately enough, my Mom instilled enough warm thoughts, traits, and interests to get me through any day.  This song, actually has no direct significance to our relationship.  When it shuffled on to my iPod though I was immediately and inexplicably filled with joy.  To know and appreciate the sounds of Rosemary Clooney is gift enough.  To be able and assign that sound to memories, people, and hopes-not to mention an unsolicited smile in a day filled with furrowed brows-well, that's indebtedness.

On my better days I'm what some would call "sassy."  Translated in the world of motherhood that means "a handful."  [And those are my better days.]  So this Mother's Day I am more than thankful for the many helping hands my Mom was blessed with.  Those and harvest moons, of course.  After all, my Mom was an early October baby.

"So you see, you can't do everything alone."--Rosemary Clooney

No comments:

Post a Comment