Tuesday, March 19, 2013

#Obsessing



Lately I've been obsessed with obsessing.  Well to clarify, I think so much has always been true.  And that's exactly what I have been obsessed with most recently.  That I can easily become obsessed.  The matters range widely.  Let's see the earliest real obsession I can think of were book series (Berenstein Bears, Little House on the Prairie, The Baby-Sitters Club, and Gossip Girl to name a few).  Then I discovered love in the name of Leonardo DiCaprio, which oddly enough faded to the background for Peyton Manning (a sense of taste being developed).  My current obsession is this past week's Season finale of Girls and the ending credits song performed by Fun. I have been obsessed with Christmas, restaurant lists, berets, test taking, Sex and the City (duh), classic films, presidential elections, Moroccon oil, Ross and Rachel, Kate Spade sample sales, Sting's "Ten Summoner's Tales album, baking muffins, closet space organization, online photo ordering, manicures, Beanie Babies, award shows, juice cleanses, Mad Men, the Kennedy family, The Today Show, the year 1946, family photos, Broadway revivals, #11in11 and other lovely October baseball nights, When Harry Met Sally, stationary, the European stock market, eggs...and well now I've already lost track.  Some go, many stay.  Typically about three to five major obsessions are held at any one time as it is much easier to focus my time that way.  Focus of time has been another obsession.  Quite frankly it all sounds exhausting, and I suppose at times it has been.  When you get to the end of one obsession's line that void can haunt you just as much as Florence + The Machine's cover of "Addicted to Love."  It's a disturbingly comforting thought though to know that the next second-level-of-Starbucks-on-Oak-and-Rush is probably just right around the corner.

{Image via Pinterest, found originally by Christine!}

No comments:

Post a Comment