Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And I'm Proud to Be an American



Well if you're anything like me you were perched on your couch last night with a microwave meal, glass of wine, propped laptop, and glued to your television.  So...let's hope you're not like me.  It was the night of the Presidential Election though, and for Nerds around the world of both political parties, it was as big as it gets.  It is, if you will, the Super Bowl of the Liberal Arts.

All unnecessary conflicts aside, the Election still always serves as an important reminder of the privilege it is to call oneself an "American."  This year of 2012 is no different.  Here are just a few reminders of what it means to be a female U.S. citizen in this day-in-age.

  • Hey girl, we love our "Sample Sales"
  • Oh, if I vote I get a free sandwich?  Oh, not free, but $2 off?  I'll take it.
  • I'm going to #tweetagramerestbook this vote out.  Whatever it takes, y'all will know in every way I can tell you.  By the way, my polling place is on the #square.
  • "Do you have a special for Election Day?"--every girl in any bar
  • I am NOT a "Me Me" type.  Ohhh, "meme."
  • Modern Family is still on tomorrow night, right?  It's not like a recount type thing, or whatever they call it?
  • Let's just just hope this isn't another "Kerry/Bush 2004."  You mean "Carrie/Big 2004?"  No, I mean "Kerry/Bush.  Do you remember the Second Night of November, 2004?"
{Image Credit: Dan Cassaro}

No comments:

Post a Comment