Thursday, September 27, 2012

All or Something


Food for thought:  Maybe you can have everything.  The other morning while watching The Today Show I caught this great segment on the IMF Chief.  Her wildly impressive resume immediately made me feel extremely unproductive.  And I had not even begun my day yet.  My fears were put to rest almost just as quickly though when she had said at the end of the interview "you can have it all, but not at once."   It's not just a symptom of twentysomethings to feel as if career, marriage, family, and social status should come as a package deal.  Think of it this way though:  when you have your cake and eat it too you just get fat.  I don't know about anyone else, but part of my package deal includes someday attaining a designer wardrobe.  Best then to stick to meals in moderation.

{Image Credit: Sugar Paper}

1 comment: